Youth and Culture Centre MJC Lillebonne
the youth and culture centre MJC Lillebonne-Saint Epvre is located on Rue de la Source, in an elegant private mansion dating back to the 16th century. The noteworthy building with its beautiful Renaissance facade is one of the oldest stately homes of the city of Nancy and belongs to its cultural and historical heritage. It was built in 1578 by Claude de Beauvau on the same site where the Maison des Étuves Municipales had once stood. The building was sold to the Duke of Lorraine, Charles IV, who gave it to his daughter Anne, wife of the Duke of Lillebonne. The so-called Hôtel Lillebonne was subsequently passed on to his daughter, the Princess of Epinoy, who in turn sold it in 1740. In 1826, the mansion became the property of the Company of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul. In 1972, the building was left to the city of Nancy, who gave it to the MJC Saint Epvre in order to establish a youth and culture centre in it.