Scheune Neuhaus Centre of Forest Culture



brief description: 

Scheune Neuhaus was built in the late 1800s on the premises of a centuries-old château, the origins of which stretch back to a 12th century castle (Wanborn Forest Castle) that belonged to the Counts of Saarbrücken. In 1572, Count Philipp III had the castle demolished in order to build in its place a Renaissance style hunting château with four wings (Jagdschloss Philippsborn). Its vaulted cellar is a remarkable architectural document of the time. Phillipsborn was destroyed during the Thirty Year´s War (1618-1648) and rebuilt at the beginning of the 18th century. From that time on until its repeated destruction during the French Revolution, the château was known as Jagdschloss Neuhaus. The names Neuhäuserhof or Neuhauser Hof refer to the expansion and conversion of Jagdschloss Neuhaus into an estate with rambling meadows, sweeping pastures, and agricultural crop land, implemented by Prince William-Henri of Nassau-Saarbrücken (1740-1768). In the mid 19th century, the estate was abandoned, and the complex of buildings became the seat of a district forestry department (Forsthaus Wanborn and, after 1950, Forsthaus Neuhaus). In the 1990s, Scheune Neuhaus was transformed into an event space and advanced training centre for the State Forestry Board

relevant filming facts

opening times: 
09:00 am - 4:00 pm from Mondays through Fridays
event space and advanced training centre
interior architecture: 
natural stone walls, contemporary kitchen, office, conference room
Background noise: 
quiet (surrounded by forest)
the barn is situated in the middle of the forest. A playground and the Forsthaus Neuhaus restaurant (also featured in the Location Guide) can be found close by
Space restrictions: 
to be discussed
Time restrictions : 
to be discussed/fixed event dates must be observed
upon prior agreement, the Forsthaus Neuhaus restaurant, which is located in the immediate proximity and also featured in the Location Guide, could serve as caterer
upon prior agreement, the conference room (accommodates approx. 40 persons) may be used for make-up, wardrobe, technical equipment, etc.
Filming experience: 
several television reports and one music video


coming from Saarbrücken on the A1 motorway going in the direction of Trier, take the Riegelsberg/Fischbach exit. Turn right onto the L259 highway. After approx. 2 km, turn right again and follow the signs indicating Forsthaus Neuhaus


sanitary facilities: 
parking lot: 
sufficient spaces available
electricity supply: 
available (Schuko socket)
water supply: 


Steffen Conrad