at the end of the 13th century, a fortification was built on three rocks on the western limits of Waldeck, by orders of the Duke of Lorraine, Ferry III. Sitting on a sandstone promontory, the castle towers above its wooden surroundings. Two original square shaped towers existed up until the 19th century: the northern tower was completely destroyed by a lightning strike, while the southern one, built of sandstone bosses, was restored in 1900 through the initiative of the Club Vosgien. Waldeck Castle has been a listed monument since February 16th 1930.
relevant filming facts
tourism and leisure
the Sarreguemines train station is 40 minutes away
along the street below the castle