In the heart of the three-country-border, at the threshold of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium, the feudal fortress had initially been built to defend the nearby medieval town of
rebuilt on the foundation of a former Benedictine abbey which was originally founded in 1033, the church of Sainte Croix (Holy Cross) dates back to the 14th century.
the remains of Saint-Livier in Metz meld stylistic elements from the IX., XIII., and XV. centuries.
the chapel was erected in the 12th century to pay homage to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
the basilica of Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnains is a historic pre-medieval church building in Metz. Its construction began in 380 AD.
the church building and the adjoining vicarage with cemetery are situated on the outskirts of Halstroff, surrounded by wide open pastures.
the church in Vaux dates back to the 15th and 16th centuries. It comprises a rectangular bell tower and a nave with two side aisles.
a short walk leads to the chapel
this historic chapel is among the most ancient pilgrimage chapels in the Lorraine region.
tucked away in the very heart of the northern Vosges Mountains, between Sarrebourg, Phalsbourg and Saverne, is the small village of Dabo.