cultural / tourism & leisure
Chapel walls are covered with murals, painstakingly restored from 1905 onwards. Traces of antique frescoes are still visible, most probably dating back to the 14th century and possibly crafted by Templars. Two sepulchral niches with trefoil-headed blind arcades, dating from a later era, can be found on one of the outside walls of the octagonal building. Also outside, on the wall across from the chancel, the remains of an ancient round-arched vault can be seen, suggesting the existence of a structure which no longer exists but, at one time, accommodated a chapter house with historicised decorative paintings. Below this vault is a door whose sculpted architrave shows the cross patt%uFFFDe, characteristic symbol adopted by the Knights Templar.
the chapel is situated behind the Arsenal concert hall on Avenue Ney. It has a diameter of 8,30 metres
possible disturbing factors:
urban traffic (acoustic) / 19th century and contemporary buildings (visual)